Beacon of Hope Christian Counseling
Our Unique Ministry
February 2001, a small church started a food pantry to serve the physical hunger needs of people within the community. But, as time went on it was realized that there was an incredible need for emotional and spiritual help as well. As a result, Beacon of Hope was formed with the specific desire to not only feed the flesh but also the spirit. As Beacon of Hope emerged, it became evident that although the needs were great, many could not afford services that would meet their need, especially services centered on Scripture.
The Bible is clear when describing God’s love and generosity. Scripture reflects God’s love through His sacrificial giving. For us, the recipient, God’s gift is free, no cost to us. The penalties we deserved have been paid through His love.
It is because of this unique gift given to us by our Savior, Jesus Christ, that Beacon of Hope does not charge for their services. We have freely received from God so that we may freely give back (Matthew 10:8b). All of our counseling services are provided by Master level trained and State licensed therapists. At no time do we charge our clients for the services they receive. We fully rely on God and trust that He will provide for the needs of our clients as well as the needs of Beacon of Hope.
“In as much as ye have done it unto one of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.” Matthew 25:40
Our Statement of Faith
We are a Scriptural based ministry that believes that Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation. Our genuine love for God is then expressed through our service to others. We believe that God’s Word is infallible, Holy and provides hope for every situation that one may face.
Our Mission & Vision
• Beacon of Hope exists as God’s hand reaching out to the broken and hurting by providing, at no cost, physical, emotional and spiritual assistance.
• To be a ministry that is growing in services provided and people served by continuously seeking God’s leading. Our ultimate goal is to grow God’s kingdom through compassionate ministries that meet the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of individuals and families.
Our Core Values
• Christ Centered
• Show Compassion without discrimination
• Seek God’s Wisdom
• Demonstrate Integrity
• Respect Confidentiality
• Maintain Accountability
• Provide No-cost Services
• Bauer CRC
• Calvary Baptist Church
• Faith CRC
• First Reformed of Holland
• Faith Reformed of Zeeland
• First United Methodist – Portland
• Galilee Baptist of Saranac
• Georgetown CRC
• Grand Haven Church of the Nazarene
• Grand Rapids First
• Hager Park Reformed Church
• Homefront Church of Grandville
• Immanuel Church – Holland
• Kingdom Living Word Church
• Maplewood Reformed Church
• Mason First Church of the Nazarene
• Mt. Hope Church – Portland
• Michigan District Church of the Nazarene
• New Life Nazarene Church
• Northpoint Assembly of God
• Parkside Bible Church
• Pillar Church
• Portland Area Ministerial Association
• Portland Church of the Nazarene
• Ridge Point Community Church
• St. Patrick’s Parish – Portland
• Zion Lutheran Church
• Bridge to Life Ministries www.bridgetolife.org
• City on a Hill coahm.org
• Community Mental Health
• Families Victorious www.familiesvictorious.org
• Good Samaritan Ministries
• Grand Rapids Theological Seminary
• His Harvest Stand www.hisharveststand.blogspot.com
• Holland Free Health Clinic
• Holland Resuce Mission www.hollandrescue.org
• Lakeshore Pregnancy Center
• Michigan Works
• Project Ponytails http://projectponytails.com/
• South Shore Youth Impact
• The Salvation Army
Kyle Thompson, MA, LPC
Executive Director, Counselor
Serving Holland, Grandville & Portland locations
Kyle Thompson serves as Executive Director of Beacon of Hope Ministries. He grew up in the Nazarene Church and holds a BS degree from Olivet Nazarene University. Kyle felt the call to go into counseling after working in the business world for many years. He answered that call and completed his MA from Grand Rapids Theological Seminary at Cornerstone University.
Kyle has a deep passion for working with teenagers and while completing his counseling degree, he worked closely with troubled youth through the juvenile programs at Ottawa County Family Court. Upon the completion of his state licensure, Kyle co-founded and formed Beacon of Hope taking his passion to the community and schools and still serves there today.
This passion, coupled with a no refuse attitude, led to believing that no one, who desires help with counseling, should go without services. Therefore, Beacon of Hope continues to serve all clients without fees.
Kyle has done teaching, coaching, and preaching. He has served as an interim pastor, church treasurer, youth worker, board member, and janitor. Kyle resides in Zeeland with his wife Kristin, and their two daughters. Together they enjoy traveling, bike rides, Michigan football, being silly and supporting one another’s activities.
All counseling staff are State of Michigan licensed and Master Level trained.
Beacon of Hope exists as God’s hand reaching out to the broken and hurting by providing, at no cost, emotional and spiritual assistance.