Responsibilities of PCN CDC Staff include:
- Provide excellent customer service
- Greet all families
- Assist with in-center transitions
- Provide a consistent routine for all children
- Post weekly lesson plans
- Post a monthly menu in the main entrance hallway
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment
- Sign your child in and out each day
- Check your family mailbox
- Check your child’s classroom mailbox
- Call the center when your child will be late or will not be attending.
- Allow time to spend with your child if they are having a hard drop off or pick up.
- You and your child/children must be out of the building by 6:00 p.m.
- Half day children are to be picked up by their required time.
- Take home your child’s blankets to be washed weekly.
- Do not leave without letting the teacher or assistant teacher in the classroom know that you are taking your child.
- If your child uses school clothes, please wash them and return to the classroom within 1 week.
- Replenish school diapers when needed.
Ensure that your child has the following items at PCN CDC:
- Extra set of seasonal clothes, including underwear
- Rest/Nap time items
- Diapers (if applicable)
- During winter months; heavy coat, snow pants, boots, hat, mittens/gloves
Children with Special Needs
PCN CDC supports and encourages an inclusive children’s program. Children with special needs are welcome in our program. Admission of a child with special needs will be determined jointly by the child’s parents or guardian, the Teacher and Assistant Teacher, and Director after consideration of the following:
- Staff expertise
- Availability of support staff
- Access to resource consultants
- Availability of appropriate Center equipment
- An individual care plan that is prepared in consultation with parents, teachers and applicable consultants